Saturday, February 6, 2010

Letter to Mr. Bernard Murdoch

Dear Mr. Murdoch,
thank you for your presentation on Friday. I learned a lot about your country of Kiribati. What I learned was that your country is a very low-lying group of islands. Because of climate change, sea levels are rising, and the sea water is covering more and more of the land of Kiribati. The sea water is seeping into the soil, contaminating your underground water. The warming sea water also forces the fish to escape to deeper waters, where poorer farmers do not have the equipment to catch them. The palm trees are dying because the sea water has poisoned them.
The part I remembered most about your presentation was when you became very emotional about the tsunami that almost hit Kiribati.
When I listened to your presentation, I felt sad because Kiribati would disappear very soon. And I could help people suffering from global warming by slowing down global warming, even if I do not have the power to do it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent response Calvin. Very thorough. I like how you quoted what you heard and understood and then ended it with how you felt and what you would like to do to help.

    ReplyDelete