Thursday, March 11, 2010

Global Mall Questions


  1. Having less money than the rich people made me feel unimportant and powerless, as I had no control over what I could buy.
  2. I think everybody could afford education once they gave up their leisure item, but we could only afford very crowded schools and probably were not very good.
  3. For me, I really had no choice, since I only had $200, so I could only buy the cheapest things. In the end, I couldn’t eve afford a leisure item, since all my money was spent on the cheapest food, water, fuel, and education. 
  4. I could only afford the cheapest health care option, which was being carried to the nearest clinic with a dozen medicines. I have never been sick enough to go to a hospital before, but if I could not afford medical care, then life could be very difficult, since with little water and food, I would probably get sick very easily.
  5. The poorer people had little environmental impacts, since they could not afford many items that could harm the environment, while the richer people can buy vacations to Hawaii or other unnecessary luxuries that will pollute the environment.
  6. The statistics speak for themselves - 20 percent of all the people in the world live on less than $1 per day. They have little or no choice on what they can buy, since they do not have a selection of things they can afford, it’s usually either work for your food, or starve. Their environmental impacts can vary, since some chop wood as their own fuel, so that is a environmental impact. Their societal impacts are generally larger, because of death, disease, and once older, some can become thieves, beggars, and generally people with no education will have a bigger negative impact on the society. The same applies to global security. The more poor people there are, the poorer the global security is. 
  7. Since I was so poor, I really did not consider my environmental impacts when I chose what to buy, since I had no selection really and if I didn’t buy anything I would die (in real life of course).

1 comment:

  1. Very thorough Calvin. Perhaps you can put more effort into aesthetics? Pics? Nicer font?
    It's just not very fun to read.

    ReplyDelete